Friday, November 26, 2010

sharing.

I wish I could tell you what's been going on in my mind lately.
I mean, that's essentially what this space if for, right?
A medium in which we share things that could not otherwise be shared (you know...because I'm in a different country)

However, I'm afraid if I tried it would just end up being a mish-mash of half-thought-out questions, fragment sentences, starts, stops, and stutters.

I have a page in my journal of key words to use when people ask (which, the inevitably will) "What was Morocco like?" after I return.
I'm not sure these words do these past three months justice, but I think they may allow for greater explanation if time allows and the person listening has the patience.

At times I've found my mind completely wandering, and completely disconnected from the place I am in at that moment.
But I must force myself to stop, remember where I am, and throw myself back into this life that has become familiar and yet is still so foreign.
I am celebrating new holidays and trying to remember old ones.
The fall season comes here as in any other place, but it seems to be missing something.
maybe it's the smell of cookies, maybe it's the oak leaves.
I don't know.

I went to a café with some girls at Dar Taliba today.
We shared a conversation in four different languages.
We learned how to say "to share" in 3 of them.
I could say something cool and profound about that, but I'll let you make up your own.

that's all for now.

except for this:
I'm not expecting anything fantastic to come from this research paper I'm attempting to write (or...will attempt to write). So...you shouldn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment